Each application will be reviewed and assessed against the following criteria:
Desirable: The application demonstrates how it can meet the needs of both the city and its intended user
- Does the solution clearly attempt to answer the Challenge Question?
- Does the solution fit within an Opportunity Area? If not, does it clearly articulate a new opportunity or unmet need?
- Is there a clear user with an unmet need, and does the application compellingly demonstrate that someone will use the solution?
Feasible: The solution can be piloted with up to $100,000 and within 6 months, and it is operational within the current transportation system
- Does the applicant have the capabilities to deploy a pilot on-time and on-budget?
- Does the solution require reasonable changes, or none at all, to the current transportation network or infrastructure?
- Does the solution demonstrate awareness of potential hurdles and a plan to overcome them?
Viable: The solution has a clear customer and a pathway to a sustainable service model
- Does the solution articulate a funding model and/or demonstrate a path to a revenue stream that could sustain it after the pilot period concludes?
- Is there a plan to collect data and metrics that could inform future deployments or scaling?
- Is there a plan for scaling the solution to new areas after the initial pilot deployment period?