Ford Mobility is helping to solve the world’s most pressing mobility issues, with an intimate view of the city’s challenges and how they affect all of us. Ford believes that when we fix the problems of one person, we can create greater access for everyone. This is what we call City:One - a city in motion is built one person, one solution at a time. Solutions to today’s mobility needs will never reach their full potential unless they are done in a collaborative environment. That’s why we’re teaming up with our partners on the City:One Challenge, a space for cities, industry, and communities to collaborate on solutions that improve mobility and provide greater access for all.
Collaborate with us
How it works
At the core of our process is community engagement. When we meet people in their homes or join them on their journeys, we start to more deeply connect with people and their stories and needs. It’s that moment when we realize: “I’m designing this for my neighbor, for that woman on the bus, for that man I always see at the grocery store.”
Each City:One Challenge includes five phases that take approximately eight months to complete:
- Explore: To start, we want to understand what questions are important to address and existing mismatches between your transportation needs and options.
- Propose: We open the application period and invite you to submit ideas that address each city’s unique focus areas.
- Refine: We select up to 12 finalists, who receive resources to tailor their solutions to local communities and develop a full pilot proposal.
- Select: An expert Judging Panel determines the top application(s) which will receive up to $100K for piloting.
- Pilot (varies): Challenge winner(s) receive contract awards to pilot their idea(s) in the Challenge City.
Interested in learning more? Sign up for updates about our 2019 City:One Challenges or visit our blogs for more information on the mobility pilots the 2018 winners are launching in Pittsburgh, Miami and Grand Rapids.
Who can take part?
Everyone is encouraged to take part. See the challenge rules for more information on eligibility.
Why should you get involved?
- You have an idea for a business solution, technology or design that can improve mobility in cities.
- You want to be part of a community helping to make mobility more safe and accessible.
- You want to work with and learn from global mobility experts.
- You want to use your skills and expertise to have a significant, positive impact on communities.
Want to learn more about other Ford Mobility initiatives? Visit us at Ford.com/mobility.