I avoid going to or through downtown Pittsburgh at all costs
1. No loop around Pgh
2. Entrance and exit ramps share a lane
3. Mult entrances and exits on the Ft. Pitt bridge/tunnel - criss-crossing
1. No loop around Pgh - I have to go east toward Philly frequently and would prefer traveling to Washington, PA and over rather than thru the city. progress on the loop has been at a snail's pace.
2. Entrance and exit ramps share a lane - this is probably the worst traffic problem in Pgh. Whoever designed these ramps is an idiot. If our highways were all 6 lane thruways, it wouldn't be a problem, but with only two lanes on each side, the crisscrossing is very dangerous
3. Mult entrances and exits on the Ft. Pitt bridge/tunnel - There are too many entrance/exit ramps at the Ft. Pitt tunnel/bridge causing crisscrossing on both ends. We need some dedicated highways that don't have to touch down at the Point.
4. There hasn't been a real improvement on the parkways in years. All the construction and delays have only been like "a new coat of paint" - no real improvement in traffic flow.
5. There are no good connectors between the major roadways - 79, 19, 51, etc. people are forced to rely on backroads thru residential areas to get from one point to another.