Created by VeloMetro Mobility Inc., Veemo® is a one-way, free floating sharing service that offers on-demand travel to urban users. Classified as a Class I electric bicycle it doesn't require a drivers license to ride it.
As an enclosed, electric assist three-wheeled cycle it provides many car-like benefits such as protection from weather, inherent stability, security, cargo space, and vehicle presence on busy roads - it has full automotive lighting. With a strong, lightweight composite shell it provides a level of protection not available to 2-wheeled vehicles.
Cabin features include seat belt, courtesy lighting, power windows, instrumentation and navigation touch screen, key-less access and of course - a cup holder.
Electric assist gives you the power equivalent of three Olympic athletes, to get you up hills and go the distance.
Fitting in-between bikes and cars, Veemo is unique in that it was designed with sharing in mind. Veemo vehicles are integrated with a back-end system that provides full support for customer service, fleet operations, and a simple quick interface for users.
At 1/10th the weight of an automobile it has obvious advantages for carbon footprint, unit cost and operating costs. Home zone operating areas are governed by geo-fencing and pre-programmed speed limits where required - completely flexible to any City's requirements - with real time feedback to users.
Here's how Veemo addresses Challenge Opportunity Area (1) Increased Reliable Access
- Veemo fills a large gap that can't be met by two-wheeled solutions (bikes, scooters) for the reasons of inclement weather, cargo, and for concerns around security and safety.
- As a car-alternative Veemo offers affordable last-mile personal transportation that can't be matched by car-based mobility.
- Veemo is monitored in real time to ensure all riders are safe, and that all vehicles are accounted for and put back in service quickly when they need service.
- Veemo runs 24/7 extending transit coverage right to your destination and filling gaps outside transit operating times. Trips are one-way or return depending on the rider's need as long as the final destination is a legal parking spot within the home zone in which the fleet operates.
- Veemo does not require new infrastructure. No charging stations, no space allocation on sidewalks. Veemos park like cars and generally two (2) can fit into a standard parking space. Veemo vehicles can also park like bikes on open spaces off-sidewalk with the agreement of property owners.
- Veemo vehicles are re-charged via battery swap performed by field technicians who are automatically queued when required by the system. Downtime due to re-charging is minimized, and of no concern to our riders. A central charging and repair facility looks after all battery charging and care, and repairs and maintenance.
Here's how Veemo addresses Challenge Opportunity Area (2) Expand Affordable Transportation Choices
- Veemo is priced below car-based services such as carsharing, ridesharing, taxi.
- No drivers license is required so a broader base of users can access this personal transportation.
- Registration, reservation, and vehicle access is easily accessible through a downloadable app.
- Payment for by-the-minute use + unlock fee is enabled through popular credit cards.
- Veemo’s supporting backend system was designed to integrate leading city-wide transit payment systems and could also support pre-payment plans.
- Veemo can also provide dynamic pricing, should this be desirable.
- Training to use Veemo for the first time is mandatory - and provided in a short video on the in-cabin screen prior to first ride.
Here's how Veemo addresses Challenge Opportunity Area (3) Create Comfortable Journeys for Families
- Veemo is a single passenger vehicle. However we have enough cargo space behind the rider to accommodate a small child under 60 pounds (actual weight limit to be determined as well as an approved, compatible child seat).