Street parking has become a major problem as the number of vehicles has
completely outgrown the existing parking infrastructure:
• 20 minutes is the average time drivers spend in pursuit of available parking
• 30% of city traffic is created by drivers looking for parking
Drivers urgently need an effective solution to solve the street parking problem and thereby save them time, money (for gas and tickets) and frustration.
This will also significantly reduce air pollution and mitigate traffic congestion citywide.
ParkWise is a crowdsourced Intelligent Parking Platform that produces a real-time map of street parking availability, short-term predictions and regulations. Think Waze for parking. ParkWise collects and processes data from various sources and offers both the city and drivers an overview of available parking.
After implentation, ParkWise will:
- provide drivers with real-time parking prediction & availability.
- provide drivers with all relevant parking fees & regulations, as well as other information deemed important by the municipality.
- educate drivers about various parking options, based on the estimated parking duration (streetside parking, garages, parking lots).
- allow visitors to plan their trips to the city according to the current parking situation.
- notify drivers about impending street cleaning and any relevant alert based on their parking location.
- notify drivers about temporary parking permits issued for their parking location (moving truck, constructions, emergency notifications, etc.).
- offer full automation of the parking payment process (or integration with existing apps, such as the MOTU app).
- provide the municipality with both the historical and real-time data.
- allow implementation of dynamic parking prices.
- provide municipalities with emergency-notification ability based on parking locations.