2018 Ford City:One Challenge Semi-Finalist Grand Rapids
2019 Ford City:One Challenge Semi-Finalist Indianapolis
Transportation can be defined as traveling from Point A to Point B. But how does an individual navigate to, or identify Point A? What happens after Point B? One of Mobility’s toughest challenges is providing a safe and simple solution to the First Mile/ Last Mile problem. Helping riders travel that short distance to or from a bus stop or a ride-sharing vehicle, Tappy Guide provides navigation to help locate and identify pick-up/drop-off locations, and building entrances/exits. We are the user-friendly technology that eliminates the First Mile /Last Mile problem such as true, point-to-point, demand-response service.
Tappy Guide is a mobile app that provides the first mile / last mile solution for the visually impaired, hearing impaired, senior citizens, and those with mobility impairments with real-time data and location. We provide outdoor navigation for directions and discovery when exploring new surroundings. No matter where you are, Tappy Guide will lead you in the right direction.
Tappy Guide provides outdoor and indoor navigation at participating businesses such as office buildings, grocery stores, sporting/concert venues, museums, hospitals etc.
Tappy Guide will assist individuals navigate around unfamiliar city infrastructures.
-Tappy Guide assists the visually impaired navigate around cities. We can help identify intersections, bus stops, signal timing, building entrances, safe sidewalks, etc. We are the simple First Mile/Last Mile solution.
-Help locate public and private ride-sharing vehicles
-When exploring new surroundings, Tappy Guide will assist the hearing impaired safely navigate around unfamiliar surroundings, communicate with others, and notify them of environment sounds (i.e. emergency sirens, car horns).
-Locate handicapped accessible businesses such as restaurants, bars, office buildings, etc.
-Assist those in need of locating handicapped parking structures/lots/buildings with available handicapped parking spaces.
When exploring new buildings and businesses, Tappy Guide can provide indoor navigation.
-Indoor navigation for all city and county buildings.
-Indoor navigation at participating businesses such as grocery stores, malls, sporting/concert venues, museums, airports, hospitals, etc.*
-Assist visually impaired shop on their own.
-Attend sporting/concert events where Tappy Guide can assist visually impaired individuals navigate to and from their seats, restrooms, concession stands, and other indoor venue attractions.
-Assist those in need of locating handicapped accessible buildings and businesses entrances, exists, restrooms, and accessible areas.
Tappy Guide for EVERYONE
-Tappy Guide is the perfect solution for anyone who is not familiar with new city attractions. Veterans, senior citizens, and tourists.
-Tappy Guide is designed to work with any transportation company to assist their riders solve the first mile/last mile problem.
-Free indoor navigation and accessible information for all businesses in the city with 2,000 sq ft of “public” space.
-Bringing back the “Human Element” when in need of assistance.
Tappy Guide will help fill the following mobility gaps:
1. Provide an on-demand customer service call center
2. Bridge the gap of coordination between mass transit companies. Create a single platform that will provide our rider will all transit data from all public/private transit companies. Provide riders with detailed information from all participating public/private transit companies. Information such as, schedule ride times, prices, vehicle types, pick-up/drop-off locations, etc.
3. Universal app design for all individuals with disabilities, seniors and veterans.
4. Open Sourced Platform to allow integration of different apps (between agencies for
payment, scheduling, etc.)
5. Solution to traveling across governmental boundaries (e.g., county line)
6. To help visually impaired know when they are near/at their stop, when bus/vehicle has arrived, etc.
7. Trip planning. Riders will be able to schedule transportation for a day full of events, such as grocery shopping, doctor appointments, and other activities.