The last Propose phase is finally in the books! We are excited to announce that Pittsburgh, the final city to enter the Refine Phase in the City of Tomorrow Challenge, has chosen 13 semi-finalists! Applications were evaluated by a Steering Committee with representatives from The City of Pittsburgh’s Department of Mobility and Infrastructure, Microsoft, Dell, AT&T, Port Authority, the Parking Authority, and other public, private, and advocacy groups. Following their evaluations, the highest scoring applications were reviewed in more detail in a discussion that led to the selection of the 13 semi-finalists.
Here are Pittsburgh’s 13 semi-finalists:
- Accelerate ride-sharing services for people with disabilities in Pittsburgh
- Active Art Allegheny: Using art to encourage active transportation
- Blockchain-based Internet of Mobility Protocol
- Community Transportation
- Flex Zones: Reclaiming the Curb
- Getting to Zero with State of Place! Using Smart data & predictive analytics to create more walkable, safer streets for all.
- Illuminating Pittsburghs's Regional Bus Network
- LinkPGH: Context and Connectivity To Activate The Streets of Pittsburgh
- Live Parking Guidance, Parking & Traffic Analytics, Automated Parking Payment, and Assisted Enforcement
- Pittsburgh Water Taxis
- Safe Shift
- Scoop Carpooling
Congratulations to all of the Pittsburgh semi-finalists, and thank you to all who applied and participated in the conversation.
You can still participate in all of the cities’ Challenges by engaging the semi-finalists in the online community. Thank you all for your contributions and ideas on improving how people move around cities. We hope you are as excited as we are to continue the conversation and to see what the semi-finalists ultimately come up with!